SAS Floor Planner
The Floor Planner is responsible to ensure delivery of floor plan and fixture development at store level in support of strategic, category and format initiatives. S/he will manage all macro-space tools to ensure delivery and improvement of rule sets and guidelines, to develop and maintain the best floor plans for our stores that meet the needs of our consumers. This role understands the strategies for each banner and influences the development of prototype fixture plans to ensure strategies are delivered upon and business objectives are met.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Supports sales and profit objectives of the client as it relates to developing, analyzing, and maintaining macro space rules and guidelines down to micro space management rules, guidelines and standards.
· Develops effective fixture plans to support fresh and center store merchandising ensuring equality among all major departments for each banner.
· Supports the development of all banners fixture plans, and the process required, assuring that local consumer needs are met and plans are communicated through the organization appropriately.
· Continually seeks out new and innovative cases, fixtures, and on shelf fixtures to further enhance our ability to deliver on the customer experience.
· Provides effective communication to merchandising and retail leadership across all banners regarding fixture plan changes and merchandising plans on a timely basis.
· Leverages technology and resources in the creation of floor and merchandising plans when they provide a competitive advantage or financial benefit.
· Collaborates with the Manager of Retail Implementation and Managers of Planogram Development to measure and adjust processes that enhance our ability to react timely to change and provide for effective communication across Merchandising.
· Provides training for all macro space associates as well as strategic support for all associates on adapted corporate merchandising principles, practices and systems.
· Delivers and maintains store-specific merchandising plans that accurately meet the needs of our target consumer for that market in support of Non-Perishable and Fresh businesses.
· Responsible for delivery and maintenance of accurate and growth oriented floor plans, aligning space, fixtures and execution.
· Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience
3-5 Years of experience in Category Merchandising
Grocery Retail or Merchandising experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Research & Analysing Skills
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to Visualize & Plan Objectives & Goals Strategically
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.