Retail Development Associate - Rotational Program
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a talented Retail Development Associate (RDA) to be part of a specialized training program that takes high-potential talent and inserts them into the Retail world to develop retail-specific insights and business acumen via on-the-job training.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
This position of Retail Development Associate (RDA) is part of a specialized training program that takes high-potential talent and inserts them into the Retail world to develop retail-sepcific insights and business acumen via on-the-job training. Responsible for supporting Company's retail teams to ensure that the client's retail standards are achieved, primarily by being in-store. They are responsible for serving and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased. The RDA will work closely with Company DRO, RAM's, RSS's BDM's, RCSM’s. CDM's and Client and Customer Personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Will assist in the authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf;
• Work to meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKU’s;
• Coordinating efforts with Company Retail Personnel resulting in increased focus and results for the assigned Client(s);
• Assist in training of Company Retail Personnel on the Client(s) products;
• Ability to perform the job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings, utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use, and proactive in alerting Management of any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
Communication / Client Development:
• Ability to build rapport with Clients and Customers alike. Must be prepared to field questions and proactively develop plans of action in regards to resolving issues;
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with assigned Client(s) personnel , Company Retail personnel, BDMs, and other Company personnel (as needed);
• Participate in Client’s market trips, as well as attend and participate in client meetings as requested.
• Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.;
• Verifying accuracy of ARTS Authorization Matrix for all division accounts;
• Tracking and follow-up of “Unacceptable” and “Action Needed” audits;
• Understanding reasons for all Unacceptable audits and assisting in developing plans to correct situation;
• Analysis and dissemination on a regular, timely basis of all Company retail reports including New Item, Void Correction, Hotline; Audit results; Client’s current priorities; Open sales territories; Client’s market trips;.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and driving are essential duties or functions of this job.
- Travel up to 50%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Retail Operations / Sales
- 0-2 years of experience in Retail environment; Leadership position; Military Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent ability to manage time and prioritize
• Excellent oral and written skill
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly computer literate with a proficiency in Computer Software to include: MS Windows, Spreadsheet (Excel), Word-processing (Word), and advanced presentation application software (PowerPoint).
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Mathematical and analytical skills needed
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.