SAS Sr Space Management Analyst
The SAS Sr Space Management Analyst is a strategic, cross-functional role responsible for the overall management of spatial data and information for use in our retailer partners. This role is responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating our retail partners data for strategic and operational decision making, as well as reporting. This role will facilitate the continuous improvement and enhancement of our retail partners spatial information management portfolio.
Manages and maintains spatial information workflows and analytics in support of retail partners strategic and operational levels regarding space utilization, space management and space planning. Makes recommendations for optimizing processes, and facilitates the decision-making process.
What We Offer:
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Space Management - The key business partner and advisor for the Merchandising Organization on all matters related to space planning/analytics and planograms.
• Conducts research, gathers data, and documents trends, strengths, and weaknesses to effectively sustain the spatial information management platform (i.e., space management software & database).
• This role is the space planning subject matter expert and will provide analysis, insights and recommendations to solve complex business problems and improve space productivity.
• This role will be a leader in the development of planogram automation techniques that will deliver localized/optimized planogram to our stores.
• Integrate robust data analysis and variables to develop and maintain planograms reflecting the category’s strategic vision, most optimal assortments, merchandising guidelines and size requirements.
• Compiles, cleanses, and aggregates spatial information to generate actionable information and related performance indicators.
• Efficiently create complex layout drawings using automated JDA Space Planning and must demonstrate advanced knowledge of the software.
• Analyze the need for POG changes and varying footages for category revisions according to an annual schedule utilizing historical data and current trends to create or change POGs. Analyze multiple retail partners categories simultaneously, allocating fixture space based on current sales, inventory turn, sales potential, and customer friendliness.
Client Services - Partner with cross-functional teams to obtain client objectives and goals
• Identifies specific goals for the merchandise teams to ensure approved criteria and best practices are following and space allocation / shelf placement needs are met
• Develops and presents briefings and presentations in support of assigned strategic, administrative, business, and planning areas. Initiate assortment recommendations and space allocation solutions
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports. While there are no direct reports the Space Management Analyst will serve as a lead in interviewing, hiring and training new associates
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
3-5 Years of experience in Space Management
1-2 years of supervisory experience
Merchandising experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Research & Analysing Skills
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
Ability to make Oral Presentations
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to Visualize & Plan Objectives & Goals Strategically
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.